Laurel EMS Education
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instructor gets the first post...

Go down

Instructor gets the first post... Empty Instructor gets the first post...

Post by Riley Hutchens Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Why do you want to become an EMT?
-I wanted to become an EMT for a reason unlike most. Don't get me wrong- I do love helping people. But I also have a passion for medicine. This is such an interesting area of medicine that is constantly changing! What I learned three years ago is totally different that what I am learning today.

What do you think an EMT does?
-I originally knew what EMTs did. I was obsessed with EMS since I was in kindergarten.

Thus far, have you learned anything new about EMS?
-After my three years as an EMT, I have learned so much about EMS and about life that I don't have the strength to tell you about it. What I can tell you in short is that this is potentially one of the most rewarding and fulfilling careers that has ever existed.

Are you a visual or hands-on learner? Possibly a combination thereof?
-I LOVE hands-on. I honestly can't tell you how much I hate reading powerpoints!

What are your biggest fears moving forward with a career in EMS?
-My biggest fear is that I will stop learning. I love learning new skills and gaining more knowledge. I am fearful that one day I will stop doing so.

What do I need to change about my teaching? More structure? Slow down? Videos?I want honesty!
-I wish that I could do more hands on right now. I talk fast sometimes. I make lesson plans that I end up not sticking to. Boo...

What are your greatest strengths?
-I am great at adapting to changing conditions. Some people make a plan and fall apart when things don't go according to plans. I make a seamless transition into whatever the situation molds itself into.

What are your greatest weaknesses?
-I am super unorganized! I hate making excuses, but I am much too busy for organization!

Do you have any questions for me?

Riley Hutchens
Admin

http://lvaeducation.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum